We are a team of clinical psychologists offering specialist psychological support to people living with and beyond cancer at North Bristol NHS Trust.
Issues we can support people with include:
• coming to terms with a cancer diagnosis and / or coping with treatment
• anxiety regarding treatments or side effects
• managing physical symptoms
• coping with emotional issues such as anxiety, worries and feeling low
• body image concerns
• adjusting to loss and grief
• help getting back to previous activities
• managing cancer related psychological trauma
• support with decision making and / or preparing for surgery or other medical treatments
Our role involves:
• working directly with patients experiencing significant or complex psychological distress within groups and one to one settings
• multi-disciplinary working, consultation, clinical supervision and teaching to support other professionals in providing psychological care to patients, in line with NICE guidance on stepped care
We accept referrals from NBT consultant led teams.