Cancer is the leading cause of death in the South West. The SWAG Cancer Alliance is responsible for working with providers, commissioners, and other partners to improve services and patient experience. The Alliance covers the 2.4 million people who live in Somerset, Wiltshire, Avon & Gloucestershire.
The Alliance has a Long Term Plan which sets out how we are working to diagnose more cancers early, provide services rapidly and support people living with and beyond cancer.
The Alliance includes:
- Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- North Bristol NHS Trust
- Royal United Hospitals Bath
- Salisbury NHS Foundation Trust
- Somerset NHS Foundation Trust
- University Hospitals Bristol & Weston NHS Foundation Trust
- Yeovil District Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
The Alliance also works closely with: